aka How to make me incredibly happy in an hour and a half set
Dear, sweet sarabees. Did I ever tell you that tumblr is the reason I found Sara Bareilles? And that checking the Sara Bareilles tag pretty much makes my day? And if it wasn’t for that tag and the kind ones among you, I (as a UK citizen) would miss out on SO MUCH Bareilles? Thank you, lovelies. THANK YOU.
So last night I saw Sara live for the first time. It was amazing and joyous and fantastic and everything I hoped for. She is the goddess of all goddesses and I just love her.
Can’t remember the complete setlist, for those who are asking, but here are the songs I remember her playing (not in order, sorry):
Uncharted (opened with this), Love on the Rocks, Chasing the sun, Hercules, December, Blood Bank (Bon Iver), Dock of the Bay, Parking Lot (!!!!!), Gravity, Love Song, King of Anything, I Choose You, Brave, Come Round Soon (encore)
- how she rambles between songs - even more adorable than it looks on youtube videos.
- how genuinely happy she looked everytime the audience sang along/did the claps/whistled/did the king of anything uh ohs, as if she’d been thinking we wouldn’t know it because we were usually on the other side of the Atlantic
- her dubious expression and then attempt to say “wanker” when we (le audience) old her it was a better word than douche
- her saying at the beginning “It’s been literally years” and someone yelling “IT’S BEEN THREE YEARS!” and how she looked genuinely shame-faced, and then promised randomly throughout the show that it wouldn’t be three years before the next time
- the religious experience that is Hercules live
- her singing Parking Lot for Clement. PARKING LOT!
OK I’m done for now.
It was amazing.